Academy Day - Wakefield Park Raceway
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Location: Goulburn, NSW
- Product code: WP Full
This day is designed to take your driving to the next level on the full 2.2km circuit, taking advantage of the 9 technical corners just like the pro's.
Your experience will start with a full safety briefing about high-speed driving, including detailed instruction on the circuits layout such as braking points, throttle control and corner apex’s.
Following this you will be strapped in to your single seat race car in preparation for your solo drive where you can put all the theory into practice, throughout the three sessions.
- 24 Blistering Laps - (3 x 8 Lap sessions) of the full Wakefield Park Circuit one of Australia's Premier Race Tracks.
- Pro Driver Instruction
- Full-day Event - including driver instruction by real race car drivers.
- Your laps will be timed - points are awarded to drivers who show consistency.
- Real, Unmodified Racing Cars - as raced in the Formula Ford Championships.
- You will be Trained by the Race Teams Drivers and Engineers - who are present on the day to offer tips and techniques to help you reach your full potential.
- NO rev-limiters - drive the car to your limits.
- Light refreshments throughout the day.
- All Race and Safety Equipment provided: helmets, race suits and boots.
- Top Gun Award: and a celebration at the end of the Race Day.
Drivers must be 16 years of age, hold a current 'P' drivers licence and able to operate a manual transmission.
Length of Experience
About Wakefield Park
Wakefield Park is widely regarded by drivers as the best, compact circuit in Australia, for its exhilarating straights and tight turns. Spectators can easily see all of the action, across the entire track, all of the time. This unique feature, plus the absence of trackside obstructions, also helps make the 2.2km motor racing circuit among the safest in Australia.
If you have your own race gear, feel free to bring it along.
Otherwise we supply all safety gear, helmet, boots and race suit.
Bring a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and socks.
Spectators are very welcome!
Show your family and friends what you can do!!!
The more cheering the better :)
This experience is an outdoor event and will go ahead in wet/damp conditions.
If Anglo Australian Motorsport Pty Ltd deem the track unsafe, due to extreme weather conditions, we will reschedule your experience to a convenient later date.We do not offer refunds. In damp or wet weather conditions you must still arrive for your allocated session/event unless advised otherwise by the Anglo Australian Motorsport Team.
Will I fit in the Race Car?
Participants weighing over 120kg or over 188cm (6'2") may not be able to fit in these vehicles. Please understand, we do have various seating and pedal positions but our Formula Ford Race Cars are built to racing safety standards.
If you are unsure if you will fit in the cars, we can arrange a seat fitting prior to your event, to avoid disappointment on the day.